Sunday, July 12, 2009

Learning about "Korean" Alpacas



Wow! That is about all I can say about today and this past weekend! Yesterday I had the pleasure of keeping one of my very best friend's mother company for the day. We watched Momma Mia and The Sound of Music. We had popcorn and tea. We had fun.

Today though.... I went with another one of my very best friends to an alpaca farm just outside of Marydel Maryland.

A couple of days ago, Rena asked me if I wanted to go see the Cria at the alpaca farm. I did not know that "cria" was the name of a baby alpaca. To help me remember what a baby alpaca is, I have been referring to them as "Korean Alpacas".

Well today we went to Dragonfly Alpaca Farm. We met Dede and Roger and 20 or more alpacas, their dogs, cats, a goat, a horse and a sheep and a guard llama. And beautiful gardens. We played with alpaca fiber. It was a day of total relaxation.

Here are some pictures of the alpaca:


This is a mama and her baby (cria)


This is a papa alpaca or "herdsire"

This is a pet cria - the fiber is different than the other alpacas
It is very soft and fluffy, very difficult to spin. I don't spin so I don't
know. I just thought he/she was so adorable. This one is moving
to Missouri I think. They have another alpaca that will be moving
to Ohio. Fiberlicious Alpaca Fiber.... soooo soft!!!!

I felt so welcomed and relaxed at this farm. Dede and Roger
are awesome and they have beautiful gardens! I was so enamored
by all the alpaca that I forgot to take pictures of anything else.

I did get a picture of the llama....



I have one more picture that I have to share....


Making homemade chocolate chip/almond ice cream to top off the day

YUMMY!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wow! Sounds like a fun weekend! I laid around the house all weekend.

sprite966 said...

Oh what a lovely weekend I want to go now but there is the atlantic lol and homemade Ice-cream too yumm

Anonymous said...

All of that fiber goodness and homemade ice cream too! Enjoyed seeing the pictures.