Monday, May 11, 2009

Sallie - The Best Dog Ever


Just a picture of my awesome dog, the best dog in the whole wide world. I have so many other things to blog about as in my wonderful weekend at the Merry Sherwood, the trip to the beach with the grandkids, Mother's day etc... but I need to post about Sallie. Sallie is 14 this year. Back in 1996 when I was a hospice nurse, a patient of mine could no longer take care of Sallie. In a heartbeat, I said I would. Sallie has been with us for 13 of her 14 years. It is time for me to let go. I can see it in Sallie's eyes. Pat is waiting for her in heaven. I have been selfish for a while but it is now time. I made the appointment at the vet for next Monday. Then we will bring Sallie home to rest in our backyard with our other beloved pets. I am so sad.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm so sorry =(

Mary Anne said...

Just happened on your blog through the search and saw this. It is the hardest thing to do! She looks like a really sweet dog.

sprite966 said...

I am so sorry, sallie look's to be full of fun she is a grand girl my thought's and prayer's are with you