Monday, May 18, 2009

A Very Sad Day.....

At 8:30 this morning I put my faithful friend Sallie to sleep. I put all 90lbs of her in my lap where she always wanted to be and held her until she was gone. She is at rest and no longer has any pain. We buried her in the back yard where all our other pets are. It has been a difficult morning. She went to be with her first owner Pat, the hospice patient of mine that gave her to me 13 years ago. I will miss Sallie very, very much. I was looking through pictures and came across this particular one. It made me smile. It was taken in Maine 2003, the last time we were on vacation there. Sallie was such a patient, smart, kind and funny dog. There will never be another one like her. She is irreplaceable. This has been a hard week for me. I know it will get easier with time but it hurts today.

SallieinMaine

1 comment:

sprite966 said...

I am so sorry for your loss she will leave a big gap but you have the lovely memories and I love the photo I am thinking of you all.
Helen